Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Valentine Week

It was nothing romantic. There was no smell of fresh flowers in my room. Nobody sent me one anyway (I think I sound bitter with this line). It was a whirlwind of events that led to a tantrum on Valentine's Eve. I think it was the lack of sleep. I can't even find a single word that would describe the past week. Detailing the events may help everyone understand how exactly my week was.

My family has started supplying cookie lollipops at a local candy store chain. The orders went well and it's being sold in high end stores in Rustans and The Fort. Yipee for this development! It was on a Wednesday that our products have entered the mainstream market. Yipee again!

The Valentine orders started to pour in as early as last weekend. It was hectic at home with all the baking and decorating. It was not a logistical nightmare until Friday the 13th. All the orders made it on time and the clients were happy. We received so many encouraging Thank Yous and messages of appreciation. This calls for another Yipee!

Valentine's Eve got me sooooooo uptight with non stop meetings and coordination concerns from home. Aaaaaaaaaa! I was throwing a fit on my way home. That moment was the culmination of my realization that I am back with my Supergirl / Wonderwoman / Batgirl cape. I've long kept that cape in my closet swearing never to wear them again but circumstances found its way to me (again!). I'm once again a superhero, juggler, high wire balancing act performer and I don't know what else. I'm back pulling things together. I'm letting this thought sit with me till I figure this out - why me and what the lesson for me is.

Today's Sunday and I'm taking this moment to think things through. I'm happy still. My mind is just filled with thoughts of the many things to do. Work is another story. I'm getting busier and busier at work and just like the cape, my fangs are back as well. I've vowed never to roar and pounce on anyone but someone is just triggering those tendencies. Needless to say, I'll be pouncing on her again tomorrow (I don't even know if this is a happy thought.)

Thank goodness for Becky's Kitchen Swiss Chocolate Cake. I found them on my way home last Friday. In the midst of whining, ranting and close to breaking down in tears, I knew what I needed to calm me down ... my favorite cake does it. Yipee!

No comments: