Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Settled But Not Quite

I recently moved out of my spacious office with a view to a decent work station that I jokingly call tenement. Separated by partitions, I just need to poke my head up and I can wave hello to my new neighbors a.k.a. co-workers. Last Friday afternoon was spent packing and arranging my files to my new home. It's a decent cube with enough space for my huge purse and what nots.

I think I have settled myself pretty well but not quite. More than the change in coordinates, it is really the change in responsibilities that make me feel unsettled. I don't look like it but I do. If only you could hear my daily prayer. It begins with a prayer for strength and ends with thanksgiving for making it through the day.

Well going back to my tenement living, my former colleagues would probably be surprised at how minimalist I could be. I myself am pleased at how I could let go and live with the bare necessities. Sans the candles, floral arrangement, paintings and brick-a-brack, I can make do of what I have though I think I can never win in Amazing Race or Survivor. That's just way too far my league of simplicity. I refuse!

I guess I should be happy with my progress. I have learned to simplify my life and slowly go with the flow.

No comments: