Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Crossroads Blues

My road has once again forked, branched (or however you call it). What was once a single path turned out to have side streets. The events during the past weeks have been a whirlwind of sorts. Where a story ends, another begins. From one drama to the next, my life echoes the need to live my life the way I want it to be.

Somehow, I remind myself that I do have a choice whatever circumstances I am in. No matter how I've struggled to compartmentalize my life, it does find itself connected. After all, I am the same person who goes to work and shows up at home.

I am once again at the crossroads of my life. It's never easy and I strongly want to choose the easier path and the one with lesser responsibilities. I am just grateful that I can spend the next few days in peace as I go for some R & R. Thank goodness! I badly need a break from the monotony of my banking career (if it is even considered a career for crying out loud!).

For now, I'll let my mind drift to more pleasant thoughts. The thought of doing nothing and getting a much needed shuteye.

No comments: